The primary focus of the organization is on creating quality jobs
and investment in Ouachita Parish. OEDC has developed numerous programs
and initiatives that support these objectives. The knowledgeable staff
that administers these programs is available to assist companies with
expansion and relocation needs including current labor force analysis,
economic and demographic data, business listings, available buildings
and sites, financing, business incentives and more.
- Facilitate expansion of local existing industries.
- Assist in locating a building or site for new development.
- Coordinate with the local technical colleges on training for new and existing workers.
- Assist companies in applying for incentives offered by the State Department of Economic Development.
Research and Data Collection
- Provide data on available sites, buildings and industrial parks.
- Compile lists of area businesses and their products/services from OEDC databases.
- Current economic and demographic data from the organization's Metro Business Barometer.
- Locate funding sources for businesses, especially through non-traditional sources.
- Help businesses obtain available state and federal program funds.
Buddy Spillers, President
- Publicly support legislative issues, which specifically pertain to the enhancement of the Ouachita Parish economy.
Ray Watson, Director of Economic Development
Paula Walker, Director of Operations and Programs
Liz Pierre, Renewal Community Coordinator
Tiffany Ragland, Administrative Assistant